Sparks31, a frequent internet writer on emergency communications, has released a new book titled Commo. It is
available in print and as an eBook on Lulu.com.
EDIT: The books are no longer available on Lulu. See the mirror links at the bottom of the article.
Digital (Free Download) – http://www.lulu.com/shop/sparks31/commo/ebook/prod…
Sparks31 has previously written Communications for 3%ers and Survivalists and also Down-Grid Communications.
Follows an excerpt from the introduction:
Imagine, for a moment, that right now the grid goes down, either accidentally or by design. Would you be able to:
• Communicate with family members to determine their safety/well being, and have them initiate contingency plans?
• Alert and mobilize the members of your group?
• Collect intelligence information to find out local conditions?
• Collect intelligence information to find out the geographical extent of a disaster or similar event/situation?
Now lets go to the actual present, our statusquo dystopian reality. Are you able to:
• Communicate with family and group members in a manner that minimizes your footprint?
• Collect intelligence information to find out local, regional, national, and worldwide conditions/events via alternative means?
• Minimize or eliminate your surveillance footprint when necessary for privacy reasons?
Communications skills in a downgrid situation, meaning both now and in an uncertain future, is an essential survival skill for anyone interested in maintaining control over their own destiny. You don’t need to be an electronics expert, although your group or tribe will
certainly need one. You do need to have a certain level of
knowledge, dependent on your aptitude and general skill