UPDATE-Date Change: Because of the snow storm and the unplowed nature of the roads around the class location, we are postponing this class until February 23rd.
Combat Studies Group has a new one day class – Hard Target Traveler. This would be a good class if you travel a lot, have kids going off to college in the big city or off on a mission, or just want to feel safer when traveling.
This class will be held in the Benton City, WA area on Saturday, February,
16th 23rd, 2019. Contact CSG at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order join the class. You will need to make a $100 deposit on the class through the CSG store web page (click here). On that page scroll down to near the bottom, above the comments, where it says “Class Deposit.”
* The Hard Target Traveler *
Course length: one day (8-10 hrs classroom, with combatives lab)
Required materials: comfortable clothing, note taking materials
A condensed course to prepare the western traveler for the potential hazards of foreign travel as well as threats on the homefront. Subjects covered include: Counter-surveillance, route planning, unarmed physical defense & improvised weapons, escape and evasion from unlawful custody, digital security and communications, medical and other trade-craft skills.
By the end of this course students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Conduct useful information gathering on an area prior to arrival
- Identify trouble/danger areas using map study and OSINT
- Identify indicators of human and digital surveillance
- Prevent common vehicle attacks
- Escape from common physical attacks and holds
- Defend against blunt and edged weapon attacks
- Render self and buddy aid in event of life threatening injury
- Escape from various restraints
- Setup and utilize secure communication channels
- Setup an emergency cache and explain the different types
- Treat/prevent various ailments and diseases with off-the-shelf remedies
- Avoid and/or escape a riot or mob
- Identify and explain safe houses and safe zone