The following coronavirus information comes from the office of Representative Bill Jenkin.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
We are facing uncertain times. The shadow of COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to threaten our health, lives, economy, and overall finances.
The governor has signed into the law the bill we passed at the conclusion of the 2020 session providing $200 million in emergency funds to immediately equip local and state agencies with funding to help in their response efforts.
I want to ensure you, your families, and your businesses have the most up-to-date information and resources relating to this virus. Below, you’ll find important information and resources to keep you informed and hopefully answer some questions I’m sure you have.
The House Republican Caucus has created a website with local, state, and national resources. Our communications staff keeps this updated daily. It’s another great source for you. I encourage you to bookmark this website.
For other daily resources and the latest headlines, I encourage you to subscribe to my caucus’ daily morning headlines – known as the Capitol Buzz. You can do so by clicking here. I also encourage you to follow our news aggregator The Ledger. You can bookmark the site by clicking here.
If there’s anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to contact my office at (509) 492-4648. You can also email me at Bill.Jenkin@leg.wa.gov. My Legislative Assistant, Marge, is also here to assist you with whatever you need. You can email her at Marge.Plumage@leg.wa.gov. I encourage you to reach out. We’re here for you.
I promise, together we’ll get through these uncertain and challenging times.
Coronavirus | Information and Resources
Information for you and your family
- What You Need to Know (from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Resources for the community
- COVID-19 Cases in the U.S.
- Latest Updates
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
Recent announcements and news releases from the Governor’s Office and Department of Health
- Inslee announces statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and expanded social gathering limits | March 16, 2020
- Inslee statement on statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded | March 15, 2020
- Leave some for your neighbors: Don’t buy more than you need | March 14, 2020
- State waives costs for COVID-19 testing | March 14, 2020
- Inslee announces statewide school closures, expansion of limits on large gatherings | March 13, 2020
Information for parents from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance & Resources
- Guidance for Long-term School Closures as of March 13, 2020
- School Closure FAQ
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in K–12 Schools: A Parent Guide
Information for employers and employees
Governor’s Office | Partial list of resources to support economic retention and recovery related to COVID-19:
- COVID-19 resource list for impacted Washington businesses and workers
- Financial assistance.
- Export assistance.
- Employer and worker assistance.
- Insurance assistance.
Employment Security Department:
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Department of Labor:
Department of Financial Institutions:
- Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19
- Accessing Your Financial Institution.
- Unemployment Help.
- Trouble Paying Credit Cards.
- Trouble Paying Your Mortgage.
- Trouble Paying Rent.
- Student Loans Deferment.
- Short Term and Emergency Loans.
- Paying Utilities.
- Insurance Issues.
- Avoiding Scams.
- At Home Financial Education Resources for Students.
- Additional Resources.
Department of Labor & Industries:
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions
- Can COVID-19 ever be allowed as a work-related condition?
- When to file a claim.
- When will a claim likely be denied?
- How can I file a COVID-19 claim?
- Filing a worker’s compensation claim: Exposure vs. contraction of COVID-19
- Covered treatment and post-exposure care.
- Additional information on COVID-19.
Office of the Insurance Commissioner:
- Health insurance.
- For insurers and medical providers.
- Travel insurance.
- Other types of insurance
It’s an honor to serve you.