AmRRON has announced that their annual end of the world as we know it radio communication readiness exercise will be moved from July to September this year. Put it on your calendar, now, as you have four months to get your radio ready and practice up.
The annual nationwide, scenario-based, simulated grid down communications exercise is set for:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday — September 9th, 10th, and 11th
The scenario is being developed and the goals and objectives are being defined.
In the coming days and weeks, expect:
- More details about the exercise and the scenario
- List of training goals and objectives, and skillsets which will be focused on during the exercise
- Request for volunteers as Initiating Stations to inject message traffic into the scenario
- Roles of participants and format of the exercise
- Preparatory training exercises which will focus on specific skills, tasks, and procedures to help prepare participants for T-REX 2022
In the meantime:
- Continue to improve your radio station, off-grid power capabilities, and skillsets
- Continue to familiarize yourself with the AmRRON Signals Operating Instructions
- Participate in as many regularly-scheduled training nets as possible