In 2020 Is Going to Be Lit, the intelligence analysts at Forward Observer briefly touch on some possibilities for civil violence in 2020 in the USA.
To get a sense of where 2020 is headed, I’m going to let you know about five stories and trends I’ve seen in the past couple of weeks…
1. A Muslim Community Patrol and mosque in Brooklyn are trading threats with a chapter of the Bloods gang, after a community patrol member roughed up the son of the local gang leader for making “disrespectful” remarks to a Muslim woman. The Bloods designated the mosque and its members as “food” for the gang’s “dogs” to eat, a reference to violence.
2. Following this weekend’s machete attack at a Hanukah party, some Orthodox Jews are encouraging each other to join/revive the Jewish Defense League, a group known for planning and committing acts of terrorism against Muslims in the 1980s. The JDL was previously described by the FBI as a “Jewish extremist organization.”
3. We continue to follow numerous socialist and pro-gun Leftist groups who are purchasing firearms and combat gear. Many of these groups have regular training days at the range and are preparing for armed “self-defense.”
4. The Boogaloo, a reference to a second civil war, is still a popular topic among counter-culture conservatives and libertarians.
5. Second Amendment activists in Virginia are fomenting support for popular resistance to the state’s proposed gun laws.
These are just five situations that could lead to armed violence between competing factions in the United States. There are likely dozens more across the country.
Your New Year’s Resolutions should include identifying your own local fault lines…
Wilder Wealthy and Wise: The Biggest Story of 2019 – Society Unravelling