AmCON-2 Russia/NATO Cyber Attacks — Critical Infrastructure disruption expected or extremely likely in western nations
AmCON-2 at 20220224-1920Z
Confirmed: Multiple government websites in #Russia including the Kremlin and the Sate Duma have fallen offline; the incident comes amid a spate of cyberattacks targeting neighboring Ukraine (Twitter pic.twitter.com/K1pPQu7cHs
NetBlocks (@netblocks) February 24, 2022
President Biden has been presented with cyberattack options that are designed to disrupt Russia’s ability to sustain its military operations in Ukraine (NBC):
- Disrupting internet connectivity;
- Shutting off electric power;
- Tampering with railroad switches
— Global: MilitaryInfo (@Global_Mil_Info) February 24, 2022
AmRRON Special Instructions: No Change
- Fuel and batteries should be topped off and alt power and communications operations checks complete
- All Stations: Have abbreviated STATREP formatted and ready to transmit, or practice transmitting/sharing over Persistent Presence Net
- Conduct local/regional communications networks tests
- NCS (and higher) Stations: In addition to STATREP, have IES (Initial Event Summary) preformatted and ready to transmit in a sudden grid/comms-down disruption of conventional communications in your region or nationally.
- NCSs, arrange to coordinate with adjacent NCSs and BB stations to receive (and send) traffic in support of AmRRON operations if AmCON-1 becomes necessary.